Drinking water tanks of Käerjeng
Spectacular implementation of 3 drinking water tanks on the 9th floor of the new water tower of the council of Käerjeng Ø 9.00 m, Height = 7.00 m.
At the end of 2012, the council of Käerjeng (Bascharage) placed an order with the company MIG S.àr.l. to erect 3 stainless steel water tanks with a total capacity of 335 m3 each in the new water tower Waaz.
The tanks were manufactured on location in a closed room on the 9th floor of the water tower. All machines, material and prefabricated parts were raised through a small opening in the roof using mobile cranes. This was a great challenge for the company and is one of a kind in Luxembourg.
The outer shell of the tanks was formed from the 4 mm thick stainless steel plates on location. Then the joining was carried out using a newly developed welding technique (robot assisted MSG procedure).
The stainless steel tanks comply with the European standard EN 14015.
The benefits of the drinking water tanks compared to drinking water containers made of concrete are:
- microbiologically perfect quality of drinking water due to the stainless steel surfaces,
- safe operation and quality monitoring of the tanks that can be accessed on all sides,
- energy-efficient and ecological design,
- cleaning-friendly construction, low maintenance costs,
- on-site design possible in rooms with confined space, short installation times,
- cost-effective design in the medium and long term thanks to an almost unlimited durability.
The implementation of the project was carried out using welding engineering supported by FEF – Forschungs- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft Fügetechnik GmbH from Aachen (D) and LC Luxcontrol asbl.
The newly developed robot welding technology for manufacturing hygienic weld seams in accordance with EHEDG guidelines (European Hygienic Engineering & Design Group) has been recognised as a research and development area by the Ministry of Economic Affairs, and government aid has been awarded for the further development of the process technology described.
Planners, consulting engineers and test institute during this project were:
- Spedener Consulting, 22 Duerfstrooss, L-9682 SELSCHEID
- Alleva Enzio Architectes & Ass. S.àr.l., 25 rue des Promenades, L-4774 PETANGE
- LC Luxcontrol 1, avenue des Terres Rouges L- 4004 Esch-sur-Alzette
For further information, please contact:
MIG S.àr.l., IG Scheidhof, L-5280 Sandweiler
Mr. Marc Lorentz email@example.com